Federal Minister for IT Syed Amin Ul Haque launches Rolling Spectrum Strategy 2020-2023...Read more
- Federal Secretary Ministry of IT and Telecommunication Shoaib Ahmad Siddiqui chairing meeting regarding way forward for utilization of existing optical fiber cable laid in Pakistan on January 18, 2021.
- “Digital Pakistan Policy 2021” Survey Form. Please note that the last date for feedback submission is January 25th, 2021.
- Federal Secretary Ministry of IT and Telecommunication Shoaib Ahmad Siddiqui asdressing inaugural ceremony of Fazal Software Technology Park in Islamabad on January 7, 2021.
- Federal Minister for IT and Telecommunication Syed Amin Ul Haque in a meeting with Chief Minister Gilgit Baltistan (GB) Khalid Khurshid in Islamabad on January 6, 2021.
- Federal Minister for IT and Telecommunication Syed Amin Ul Haque virtually inaugurating Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) Lahore for National Data Center of National Telecommunication Corporation (NTC) in Islamabad on December 31, 2020.
- Federal Minister for IT and Telecommunication Syed Amin Ul Haque in a meeting with Chairman China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) Authority Lt. Gen (R) Asim Saleem Bajwa in Islamabad on December 30, 2020.
- Federal Minister for IT and Telecommunication Syed Amin Ul Haque chairing meeting on handling of Covid-19 challenges in Islamabad on December 23, 2020.
- Federal Minister for IT and Telecommunication Syed Amin Ul Haque chairing meeting of Prime Minister's Taskforce on IT & Telecom in Islamabad on December 9, 2020.
- Ambassador of Sweden in Pakistan Henrik Persson called on Federal Minister for IT and Telecommunication Syed Amin Ul Haque in Islamabad on December 9, 2020.
- Federal Minister for IT and Telecommunication Syed Amin Ul Haque chairing briefing at Telecom Foundation Headquarters on December 2, 2020.
- Federal Secretary MOITT Shoaib Siddiqui chaired the meeting of 5G Pakistan Plan (5GPP) Committee on 6th November 2020.
- Federal Secretary Ministry of IT and Telecommunication Shoaib Ahmad Siddiqui in a meeting with Japanese delegation in Islamabad on November 5, 2020.
- "IT Industry of Pakistan is trying to bring in Socio-Economic Development which is important for World Peace & Development," said Shoaib Ahmad Siddiqui, Federal Secretary MOITT while addressing the Virtual IT Delegation Meeting of Pakistan & Australian Enterprises of IT/ITES.
- Federal Secretary Ministry of IT and Telecommunication Shoaib Ahmad Siddiqui chairing 74th Board of Directors meeting of Universal Service Fund (USF) in Islamabad on October 19, 2020.
- The Ministry gratefully acknowledges the valuable support of Microsoft for enhancing the COVID response for the Nation through Microsoft Health Bot solution. We look forward to mutual collaboration and support.
- Federal Minister for IT and Telecommunication Syed Amin Ul Haque addressing launching ceremony of ezBike, an app-based service, in Islamabad on October 14, 2020.
- Ministry of IT & Telecommunication and Industry are in close coordination for IT & Telecom growth.
- Federal Minister for IT and Telecommunication Syed Amin Ul Haque chairing meeting of Inter-Provincial Coordination Committee in Islamabad on October 7, 2020.
- Federal Minister for IT and Telecommunication Syed Amin Ul Haque in a meeting with Dr. Faisal Sultan, Special Assistant to PM (SAPM) on Health in Islamabad on September 30, 2020.
- Secretary IT & Telecom invites German Companies to invest in IT and ITES in Pakistan and join an investment friendly environment for shared prosperity.
- Federal Secretary Ministry of IT and Telecommunication Shoaib Ahmad Siddiqui adressing at GSMA-MOITT workshop titled "Road to Accelerated Digital Economy-Taxation & Digital Inclusion" in Islamabad on September 23, 2020.
- Federal Minister for IT and Telecommunication Syed Amin Ul Haque chairing 44th Board of Directors meeting of Pakistan Software Export Board (PSEB) in Islamabad on September 17, 2020.
- Federal Minister for IT and Telecommunication Syed Amin Ul Haque chairing briefing at Jazz Headquarters in Islamabad on September 16, 2020.
- The honorable President of Pakistan directs Ministry of National Food security & Research, Ministry of Education & Professional Training to collaborate with Ministry of IT & Telecom and Ministry of Science & Technology to increase output and delivery through technical solutions.
- Prime Minister directs all Ministries and organizations to fully support growth of IT industry sector, and IT exports.
- Federal Minister for IT and Telecommunication Syed Amin Ul Haque chairing 7th meeting of Prime Minister's Taskforce on IT and Telecom in Islamabad on August 26, 2020.
- Head of NCOC and Federal Minister Asad Umar presenting shield to Federal Minister for IT and Telecommunication Syed Amin Ul Haque during his visit to National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) in Islamabad on August 13, 2020.
- Ambassador of Egypt in Pakistan Dr. Tarek Dahroug called on Federal Minister for IT and Telecommunication Syed Amin Ul Haque in Islamabad on July 28, 2020.
- Minister of IT & Telecom hold's meeting to review performance of various Wing of this Ministry.
- Ministry of IT & Telecom, PTA and HEC get online to resolve online education issue.
- Federal Miniater for IT and Telecommunication Syed Amin Ul Haque bieng virtually briefed by Pakistan's Google Team in Islamabad on July 3, 2020
- Ministry of IT & Telecommunication requests Ministry of Foreign Affairs to project Pakistan as a IT friendly country with increasing exports and potential hub for Foreign investment.
- Ministry of IT & Telecommunication extendes the date of "Draft Personal Data Protection Bill 2020" for view/comments till 15th June, 2020.
- We congratulate Syed Amin-ul-Haque on taking oath of the office of Federal Minister for Information Technology & Telecommunication. We extended best wishes and all support for the Minister in carryout his duties in National and public interest.
- IT Industry approches Ministry of IT for relief during COVID-19.
- Standing beside the Government in fight against coronavirus.
- Ministry of IT facilitation to digitize working of Ministries and organizations continue. Islamabad City App (ICT App) launched by the Prime Minister which has been developed with the help of NITB for ICT Administration
- MoIT is honored to be venue of e-cabinet meeting on 25th March as a part of Government social distancing policy.
- Ministry of IT & Telecom gear’s up efforts to help in fight against coronavirus through digital technology
- A delegation from UNESCO meets Federal Secretary IT & Telecom, Mr. Shoaib Ahmad Siddiqui to discuss possible areas of cooperation.
- Federal Secretary for IT and Telecom Mr. Shoaib Ahmed Siddiqui meets “Huawei Middle East President, Mr. Charles Yang, for discussion on Digital Pakistan, E-governance and the National ICT Plan.
- Ministry has activated auditing , accounting and transparent financial management.
- IT Task force holds measures to promote IT Sector and Exports fine tune.
- Startups to show talent to the Prime Minister today.
- PM holds a landmark meeting for growth in IT sector and exports.Highly encouraging signal for the market.
- MoIT upcoming high impact skills Bootcamp project for scaling up Government efforts to uplift knowledge and skill base.
- Secretary IT attend Digital Exports & Industry Automation Conference and delight upon the vision and action of Government to Promote IT Sector and IT exports.
- Secretary IT & Telecom visits CDC to promote digitization aganda of the Government.
- As a follow up PM meeting with DG (GSMA) at Davos World Economic Forum. Mr. Julian Gorman head of Asia pacific at GSMA call on Secretary IT to take forward the agenda of cooperation and collaboration. Looking forum to an exciting air of activity.
- Growth in IT export is our mission.
- Ministry promoting employment generation through empowerment of youth.
- Mistry of IT is seeking International Corporation for broadening of ICT through Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Economic Affairs Division.
- RFP date of submission for the project titled"High Impact Skills Bootcamp" has been extended upto 6th Feb,2020.
- Secretary IT meets Facebook officials and detailed discussion has been made for the progress and joint efforts on Innovations and Digitization
- Secretary IT meets president PASHA and discuss measures to promote IT Exports and encourage IT Industry
- Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) awarded IPTV Distribution Service Licence to Special Communications Organisation (SCO) for Gilgit Baltistan region.
- Ministry of IT & Telecom notify committee for advance 5G plaining in Pakistan with the approval of Minister IT.
- Minister IT appreciate increase in IT exports. Directs for taking more efforts.
- Developing Youth-Our Future
- Smart phone manufactures in Pakistan have meet with Secretary-IT. Great hope and dividends for local population.
- Facebook Team meets Secretary IT & Telecom to explore investment prospects. Good and encouraging meeting in National interest.
- Digital Vision being pursued
- Route to Digital Pakistan vision by the Prime Minister Office.
- As per Policy Directive, issued by MoIT CM PAK(ZONG) deposited an amount of 238.6m dollars(37.162)Billion rupees 50 % of total licence renewal fee into PTA account and PTA transferred the same amount in Federal consolidated fund.
- Approval of Development Schema is being expedited.
- Audit Committee meetings held regularly to promote transparency and proprietary.
- PSEB directed to explore market for IT Export
- IT Ministry collaborating in E-activities of other Ministries
- 'Baytee' App is launch by the Ministry of IT & Telecom is being acknowledged widely.
- Ministry of IT & Telecom focuses on Cyber Security.
- Ministry approaches Ministry of Foreign affairs Division and Economic affairs Division to include IT as part of state level Collaboration and negotiation.
- Secretary IT & Telecom, Mr. Shoaib Ahmad Siddiqui attend the World Radiocommnication Conference (WRC) 2019, Sharm El Shiekh, Egypt.
- MORE PROGRESS ON IT IN NOV (this month).
- "Promoting Inclusiveness through IT Infrastructure Development in Unserved and Underserved Areas"
- Ministry of IT & Telecom is making efforts to increase IT Exports. Suggestions are welcome
- Highly significant “33rd Annual Conference of the Asian Association of Open Universities 2019” concluded at Lahore, The president raised the closing ceremony. The event will open vistas of distant and open learning, effort of rector VU and its team are lauded.
- National Incubation Center’s (NIC’s) doing a Great Job to promote IT and Economy.
- "YOUTH IS OUR FOCUS"
- Secretary IT visit Electronic Certification Accreditation Council (ECAC) extend support for this important Organization
- "ITCN Asia 2019-International IT & Telecom" forum highly successful. Great example of public private collaboration.
- Ministry adopts inclusive approaches to promote IT Development in all parts of Pakistan
- ITCN ASIA 2019 BEING LAUNCHED ON 17TH SEPTEMBER AT EXPO CENTER KARACHI
- Pakistan progresses to fourth position on freelancing growth scale surpassing many countries
- Federal Minister of IT & Telecom Dr.Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui and Secretary IT & Telecom Shoaib Ahmad Siddiqui at 33rd Annual Conference of the Asian Association of Open Universities 14-16 Oct, Virtual University, Lahore
- Ministry of IT & Telecommunication, PTA test Zong’s 5G Network
- Ministry encourages youth to bring up innovative solutions in Information Technology.
Governor Sindh Imran Ismail & Dr. Khalid Maqbool Siddique launching the “Baytee Program” of Ministry of Information Technology & Telecommunication at Karachi on February 17,2020 Mayor Karachi Waseem Akhtar also present on the occasion.
Federal Minister for Information Technology & Telecommunication Dr. Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui Inaugurating the "Household Asia International Exhibition" at Expo Center, Karachi on November 23, 2019.
Federal Minister for IT & Telecom Dr. Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui presenting memento to President Dr. Arif Alvi during the closing ceremony of "19th ITCN Asia 2019-International IT & Telecom Show" at Expo center Karachi
"Empowering the People of Pakistan through seamless access to accurate information & reliable services by means of ICT applications & Telecom platforms: & establishing a knowledge-based economy."
Federal Minister for Information Technology and Telecommunication Syed Amin Ul Haque chaired a meeting regarding collaboration between MoIT &T and United Nations Development Program (UNDP) in different areas of activity on Wednesday. UNDP Representative in Pakistan Ignacio Artaza and Federal Secretary Shoaib Ahmad Siddiqui were also present in the meeting. Matters related to information technology and digitalization were discussed during the meeting.
President Dr. Arif Alvi Monday directed the Ministry of Information Technology & Telecommunication (IT & Telecom) to improve accessibility of Internet facility in the rural areas as well as to build innovative IT-based solutions and skills so as to meet the economic and technological challenges.
The Ministry of Information Technology and Telecommunication (MoITT) is the national focal Ministry and enabling arm of the Government of Pakistan for planning, coordinating and directing efforts to initiate and launch Information Technology and Telecommunications programs and projects aimed at economic development of the country.
Basic Telephony Subscribers